How To Choose The Suitable LED Grow Light For Our Plants?
With the popularity of LED grow lights, which cause the different quantity products are mixed in the market. As a professional LED manufacturing company, XinJia sincerely reminds you that we must choose the right LED grow light to promote the growth of plants and to achieve a multiplier effect. So what should we do to choose the right LED grow lamps? Please notice the following points！
1. To Understand What is The LED Grow Lights
As we all know, light is one of the most important factors that affect the growth process of plants, and is the key raw material for photosynthesis of plants. Through the control of light quality, light intensity, and photoperiod, it is easy to control plant growth rate, plant morphology, yield and quality.Red and blue light is the main effective factors that affect the LED grow lights.
The development of LED grow lights is not easy. Since we all know that LED growing lights are so good, why hasn't it become a well-known mass product?
From the current status of LED Grow lamps, the main reasons are:
(1) The LED grow light's market is still in the initial development stage, and its high price is the main reason why many plant growers choose to stay away from it.
(2) The LED Light's market is disorderly, diversified products do not have a set of feasible unified parameter standards, the design of each company is not standardized, and the management of product quality and the setting of standards have yet to be improved;
(3) The technical problems of LED plant lights have been almost solved so far, and the next step is only an increasingly perfect process. The new problem faced is the lack of comprehensive personnel who understand not only biological cultivation but also LED plant growth lamp technology.
(4) There are many types of plants, and the light intensity and light quality required for each growth and development stage of each plant is different. This has great difficulties in the combined control of plant growth lamps and plant growth.
(5) The cost of planting indoor plants is relatively high, not only relates to LED plant lights, but also scientifically designed temperature, humidity, air components and other coordinated effects to achieve the best plant fill light and growth status.
The technology of plant growing lamps has been continuously rising, and has important significance for the application of plant cultivation. High light efficiency, low energy consumption, environmental protection and other characteristics have complied with the 21st century requirements for agricultural plants to fill light. The market of LED plant lights will also slowly infiltrate and gradually increase. The application of LED grow lighting products in the future will bring us more convenience and vigorously promote the development of modern agriculture.
2.The Role of Lights: Different Lights Are Paying The Different Role.
Blue(wavelength: 430nm-460nm): Help plants grow
Red(wavelength: 630nm-660nm): Help plants grow and flowering, and the red LED is the key for flowering plants
IR(wavelength: 730nm): IR can help plants grow, but it very harmful for human beings, so I kindly suggest you better not use IR in your grow lights, but we can add 1 or 2 piece IR LEDs If you really need it in a specific situation.
UV(wavelength: 380nm): UV can help plants grow and kill insects, but it also very harmful for hum beings, so we don’t use it in our led grow lights, but we can add UV LEDs if you need it in a specific situation.
3. Irradiation Time
According to the plant's different growth periods and growing environments, the time of Irradiate also different. If the light is not strong but it can shine into the room where the sun is astigmatism, the fill light time should not be less than 5 hours; the balcony with less than 4 hours of light (only in the morning or in the afternoon), the fill light time should not be less than 4 hours The room in the shade or the room not seeing sunlight should be filled with light for not less than 10 hours. Generally speaking, the light-filling time of plants is long and the period of dormancy is less. Cloudy, rainy, and foggy days should be no less than 10 hours of light. What should pay the attention is that the plants photosynthesis during the day and grow in the evening, so they needn’t use the led grow light at night.
4. The Proportion of Red and Blue Lights
Because of the wide variety of plants, flowers have leafy, flowering, fruitful, fleshy, with long bloom after the husband's length, first leaf after flowering, vegetables with leaves (such as spinach, lettuce), Rhizomes (such as lettuce, radishes), etc., to exactly answer that plant suitable for that configuration, it is difficult. But we can remember the simple way is that the proportion of red and blue light in daylight is about 6-8:1. As a reference, flowers and foliage, or leafy vegetables, are selected to be 6-8:1 or less. More blue light is beneficial to plant leaf growth. Viewing the flowers at the flowering time to fill the light more than 6.8, so the red light needs more, the red light is conducive to plant flowering and results. Choose 6-8:1is useful for the young seedlings to the flowering period, fill the light for the entire growing season.
Combining the above points, we believe you can choose the right led grow light now! And If you want to get more information about the LED grow lights, you can check the following link:
《Why the LED Grow Lights Need to Aging Test？》
《The Characteristics and Advantages Analysis of LED Grow Lights》
《Why the red light more than blue light in LED Grow Lights》